On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 12:33:04PM -0400, ann sanfedele wrote:
> Adam Maas wrote:
>
> >A Viper before sunset:
> >
> >http://flickr.com/photos/mawz/1673348246/
> >
> >Larger/Direct link:
> >
> >http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2348/1673348246_129bcc621a_b.jpg
> >
> >*istDS, 18-55 DA, ISO400, 1/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> O  - That kind of viper.... sigh
> ann hoped for a beastie :)

It's the kind of viper I expected.

Definitely an improvement on the panning technique.  Unfortunately the
car is moving too slowly for the selected shutter speed, so most of the
sensation of moving is lost - the car could just be parked there.

Motion blur with short focal lengths is hard; the change of angle from
the start to the end of the shot mean you can't get the front and back
of the car crisp, even when the central area is nicely sharp.

This is also a shot where some (diffuse) fill flash would probably help;
the visible part of the primary subject is almost totally in shadow.

Beyond that, I'm not sure.  There's nothing really wrong with the shot,
but it doesn't do anything for me, either.