On Oct 21, 2007, at 9:50 AM, William Robb wrote:

>>> http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrobb/pictures/peso/guitar1.html
>>>
>>> Technical:
>>> K10, A*85mm/1.4 at f1.4 for 1/50th second.
>>> The warmth is deliberate.
>>
>> Nice shot with some good potential. It's all in the rendering ...
>
> Hi Godfrey, thanks for the suggestions.
> It's a really weird colour balance picture. I'm not sure if it is
> because of
> shooting at ISO 1600, or the hokey "stained glass" lampshades that was
> providing most of the light or what.
> Anyway, tried your suggestions, and I think this is an improvement.
> http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrobb/pictures/peso/guitar2.html
>
> Thanks for the input, and thanks to everyone who commented as well.

Some improvement, I like the cropping more.

I think you've gone a little too flat in the rendering. It's lost
some of the richness and sparkle of the first rendering.  A little
more contrast, a little deeper tone is where I'd try next, with this
as a starting point.

It might well be better to move to a monochrome rendering entirely
and tone it since the light is predominantly a monochromoatic red and
yellow anyway.

fun stuff. :-)

Godfrey