120 Roll film was invented by Kodak in the late 1890's You should look
at the formats most of those old folders which took 120 film..2 1/4 x 3
1/4 on 120 size was quite common. I can point to a few examples the
Kodak Autographic and early Folding Brownies between 1919-1929, the
actual image size is ~56mm x ~84mm, (with some incidental variation),
which reduces nicely down to 2x3 or 6x9.

--
Remember, it’s pillage then burn.