Now that Ironman Florida is over I can sit down at the monitor and
look at the PUG.

"Io Moth" - Christian Skofteland (USA)
        I have tried just a couple of attempts at macro photography.
Nothing truly successful to my eye.  I can appreciate the difficulty in
doing it with a moving subject.  You carried it off beautifully in this
abstract shot.  The dark background adds to the eye-popping image.  The
inclusion of the branch counters the green of the main image.
        Some would probably like you to crop out the form on the left.  I
like it because it puts the subject in context.  This is definitely not a
staged shot done inside.  Therefore I think that keeping the image centered
with the moth on the left works for me on this shot.
        Beautiful photography.  A definite winner.

"A Very Grainy Image" - Ken Waller (USA)
        This shot talks to me in the sense that I often take shots of
textures that others don't understand.  Many people only look at the 'big
picture' in the sense that they can see the forest but not the trees.
        I like this image not only because of the form of the grain, but I
think the color makes it extraordinary.  I am glad to see that there was no
color manipulation.
        The inclusion of the crack divides the composition nicely for me.  I
like the fact that the knots are not centered.  The central lighting
probably makes this shot work too.  This image works for me.  I would not
probably hang this up on my wall, but it is one that I could look at over
and over again and keep finding more in it.