In a message dated 10/24/2007 2:32:07 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
We have the V sign, which  is an invitation to go forth and multiply,
but using different words, and the  Victory / Peace sign. Winston
Churchill was apparently unaware of the  difference at the start of the
second World War, and used them  interchangeably until better informed.

"Winston Churchill took up the  Victory campaign enthusiastically, and
made a V sign with his fingers  whenever a camera was pointed at him,
his palm facing in both directions.  This dismayed his private
secretary, John Colville. In September 1941,  Colville wrote in his
diary, 'The PM will give the V-sign with two fingers in  spite of
representations repeatedly made to him that this gesture has  quite
another significance.'

Churchill was eventually persuaded to use  only the palm  forwards
gesture."

http://www.icons.org.uk/theicons/collection/the-v-sign/biography/v-for
-victory

Bob

So  what did the V sign, back side of the hand out, used to mean?

I am  missing something here. I remember the cuckold sign, cuckoldry being
popular in  Shakespeare, as being something else.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.