-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of dave o'brien
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 10:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Please, folks, take your OS concerns elsewhere.

A scroll of mail from "aimcompute" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Mon, 12 Nov
2001 17:52:05 -0700
Read it? y
>Granted this a Pentax list... we all have computers and are concerned about
>their use as tools in general and in their photographic uses.
>
>I personally don't find the thread TOO off-topic.

While random off-topicness is discouraged, the regulars who contribute
all the time to the group are given a lot of leeway.  Personally, I
think this is right and proper, although t can go a little over the
top.  A discussion of OS merits is ok, as long as it doesn't dominate
the list and as long as useful information is disseminated in a
civilised way.

If the PC/OS thread had ended up as "Mac SUX!" "No! PC SUX" then it
would have been poor, but I though there was a good exchange of
information.

dave