In a message dated 10/29/2007 9:33:56 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Really, as happens to us  all, the timing was wrong.  To get a really good
shot one must luck out  and be there at the right time or be willing to come
back at the right  time.

All the PS'ing in the world won't make a shot like this as good as  the
original taken at the right time in the right light  would.

Yosemite is stunning but this shot is not.  It's just a  matter of timing and
light.  Given that, the composition needs cleaned  up around the edges.  The
small portions of trees and plant material  encroaching should be cropped
because they detract from the  scene.

Tom C.

==============
I debated that, cloning out  leaves and grass at bottom.

Actually, some other times of day were much  worse. Too much sun on the
water, or too much shadow. There may easily have been  a better time of day,
but
the time I was there/choose was not the worst.

However, to get really spectacular shots at Yosemite, I found out one  must
know exactly where the good shooting spots are and what time of day to be  at
them. For instance, Half Dome, from the valley, is only good near  sunset, the
rest of the time it casts a shadow on itself and the inner  surface is barely
visible. So it isn't easy. I think one probably does  better the more often
one goes. Familiarity helps a great deal.

Thanks  for looking and commenting, Tom.

Marnie aka Doe

Warning: I am  now filtering my email, so you may be censored.