A friend asked if I could send him some photos I'd taken for his son to use
in a school project, including some of his son and him.

When I went looking for them I discovered that I had formatted my 4GB
microdrive and started shooting again, without downloading the images.

I knew recovery software existed but had never had the need to use.  It's
likely PhotoRescue is a barebones application as it's the first I chose to
eplore after googling.

I downloaded the trial version and it was able to rebuild all images on the
drive.  I hadn't yet reached the point of overwriting the images I cared
about. I then spent the $29.95 to get the full version that ostensibly
actually allows me to recover the images.  Well apparently they were
recovered $29.95 or not because when browsing them in Bridge, I was able to
find them. :-0

In any case the software worked the very first time, was mindless to use,
and saved me from myself.

Tom C.