Thanks to all for the help with this image.

I think this final rendering (see link below) is about as good as I'm going to
get.  Basically I've nudged the mid tones a bit and then desaturated both RGB
and red slightly.  This also has the effect of lessening the intense orange
colour.

I've also had another go at the B&W conversion with a less contrasty rendering.

Anyway, here's the link to all five variations.

http://members.westnet.com.au/brianwal/Abandoned/

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters