CD's are a plastic plate, a foil, (recording material), and a lacquer
coating.  They are surprisingly easy to delaminate.  If you consider the
label then the paint, adds to the protection, but not much.

--
The difference between individual intelligence and group intelligence is the
difference between Harvard University and the Harvard University football team.

        -- P. J. O'Roark