Oh, you want to learn how to be a hacker, heh? Setup your laptop with an access
point, look at what is trying to access it. The card in the guys camera will be
one of them. However, there are two points to think about here. 1. Is anyone
seriously going to bother. 2. Even if this particular card is crippled does
that
mean the idea behind it is flawed.

I mean, one would have to check out that card before one would use it for
business. It may, or may not, work well enough for what one needs. However the
idea behind it is valid, many photographers have a need for that kind of
technology.