Amita Guha wrote:
> On 11/5/07, Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Thanks, Dave.  See my reply to Doug.  Had any problems carrying a tripod
>>   attached to the outside of the pack?
>
> I have the Mini-Trekker and I have attached the tripod to it with no
> problem. It's kind of a pain if you want to open the bag without using
> the tripod because you have to disconnect the top tripod lash whether
> you want to or not.

Thanks, Amita.  That helps.  The one bag I was able to look at that had
the tripod straps worked essentially the same way.  Same thing I asked
Doug - Classic or AW?  Lowepro's site is fairly vague.

> I bought the Naneu Pro Alpha a while back because it mounts the tripod
> on the side of the bag. However, half the bag is actually a day pack
> while the bottom is for camera gear. I like the design, but it doesn't
> hold as much as the Mini-Trekker and it's not waterproof, although it
> comes with a rain fly.

I carry a fairly hefty tripod.  It's certainly heavier than most would
want to hike with, and mounting it on the side might throw the balance
off enough to cause back problems.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/