Putting the horizon straight through the middle isn't always a bad thing, and
isn't
necessarily here either. You did it with intention and if it's accomplished
your goals
don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

What I see it doing here is juxtaposing a static composition with active
subjects and
providing a sense of tension between the elements.

It's not something to be overcome, it's something to be used.

Cheers,
Paul