On Nov 13, 2007, at 11:40 PM, Thibouille wrote:

> Information here:
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=25597175

Hmm. I would not be so comfortable with a clamp screw (even with
nylon buffer) putting pressure on a lens barrel at one point like
that. Even if the clamp band were a very precise fit.

I'd go for a Manfrotto 3420 Telephoto Lens Support ($65 from B&H)
instead.

<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/126662-REG/
Bogen_Manfrotto_3420_3420_Telephoto_Lens_Support.html>

or

http://tinyurl.com/34m87m

It looks even more agricultural but supports the camera body and lens
properly, clamps the lens with a band without a single pressure point.

Godfrey