Some comments elsewhere got me curious about the difference in RAW
sequence capture speed between DNG and PEF format settings. So I did
some testing... ;-)

---
Test conditions:

Pentax K10D + FA43 Limited lens
ISO 800
Manual Focus (locked)
Manual Exposure (f/2.2 @ 1/200 sec)
JPEG settings: max compression, 2M JPEGs
Transcend 150x 2G capacity card (reformatted for test)

Exposure on continuous, started at sweep hit zero and stopped after
one minute. Additional exposure when write light turns off. Runs of
each case were repeated five times for accuracy.

RAW Only - PEF - 9 frames to buffer full - 59 captures total - flush
9 sec
RAW Only - DNG - 11 frames to buffer full - 52 captures total - flush
13 sec
RAW+ - PEF - 7 frames to buffer full - 53 captures total - flush 8 sec
RAW+ - DNG - 8 frames to buffer full - 49 captures total - flush 11 sec
---
Go to
   http://homepage.mac.com/godders/pentax-K10D-write_perf/
if you'd like to see the data shown in QuickTime movies.

enjoy
Godfrey