In a message dated 11/17/2007 6:59:19 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
In Seattle harbor, next  to a pier, was
this...umm...thing.  I think it is designed to  contain
an oil spill.  The pattern and colors intrigued  me.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=6650354&size=lg

K10D,  DA 16-45, ISO 1600, f/4 at 1/6, handheld, RAW
via Lightroom.

Some of the floats are a bit blurred because they were
moving with  the waves.  If I had come upon this scene
earlier in the evening I would  have played with it
(and been able to use a faster shutter speed), but  the
light was fading fast.

Comments cordially  invited.

Rick

Actually, it looks fine. Totally  cool shot. Way to go.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.