Hi Cotty & list,

2

> 2/  How many have you owned in the past?

Just these two.

> 3/ How many years ago did you buy (not just use) your first DSLR?

Waited for Pentax to launch *ist D and bought one then - 4 years ago?

> 4/  What's the longest length of time you've owned a single
> DSLR camera?

4 Years.

> 5/ When you purchased your first DSLR, did it live up to expectations?

Exceeded them.

> 6/ How long have you owned you current DSLR (if more than
> one, the latest) ?

3 years. Still boxed, unused (story there).

> 7/ Has your latest DSLR lived up to expectations ?

I'll never know.

> 8/ If a new model is released that supersedes - improves upon
> - your current or latest model, will you buy it?

I'd love a good reason to buy a K10D.

> 9/ If a new model is released that supersedes - improves upon
> - your current or latest model, will you consider your
> current or latest model 'obsolete' ?

My wife will consider it for me and say no on my behalf.

> 10/  Do you consider your first DSLR (whether still owned or
> not) 'obsolete'?

I don't consider my LX obsolete and that uses film. A DSLR is obsolete if it
is broken beyond economic repair.

> 11/ Have you ever had sex with a bicycle? (You don't have to
> answer this. In fact, better if you don't).

No, but I remember an event from 1979 that made the local papers. One of my
friends left school and got a temporary job stacking shelves in the local
Sainsbury's supermarket. A male was arrested for causing 'distress' to
female shoppers who arrived by bicycle. What they saw him do apparently, was
sniff their saddles whilst they were shopping. This little act gained him a
ride in a police car, a story in the local rag and a few months in the local
mental unit, as they were termed at the time. I remember it causing us great
schoolboy hilarity at the time, but thinking back on it, the poor sod
probably needed some (OK, rather a lot of) help.

Malcolm