I am ~assuming~ that you are talking about the A*
200mm f4 macro (not the new FA*). The A* version comes
up rarely on e-bay and they seem to sell for around
$850 U.S. That is aproximately what I paid for mine in
like-new condition with a soft case and a B+W UV
filter attached. Mind you, though, that my high bid
was a good bit higher than that, and I gladly would
have paid more. This is because I specifically wanted
the manual focus version for its tactile finess. Keep
in mind that B&H photo advertises the new FA* version
for about $1,350.

(http://www01.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___222164___PE2004MFA___REG___CatID=0___SID=EA67B1DD1A0)

Take this into consideration when making your
decision. They are ~not~ optically identical, and I
have no idea how the FA* compares to the A*. Also keep
in mind that the A* version is not often available, so
if you are a fan of the A series lenses, sieze the
moment! Hope this helps.
-Jonathan-

http://personals.yahoo.com