TO BAD IT DOES NOT ACCEPT PENTAX GLASS

BOB RAPP

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rob Studdert
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 9:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: First 6-mp full-frame digital SLR is out

On 15 Nov 2001, at 14:19, Rob Brigham wrote:

> And at $6500 US!
>
> This is inside the tantaive price spoken by Pentax for the MZ-D.

Hi Rob,

Pentax never made claims about the price, the figure that was floating about
was a speculated price only based on the cost of one off CCD purchase that
was printed in one of the French photo magazines.

> Sounds like Pentax had a change of heart then, because the sensor is
> obviously available, and it can be done for the money that was rumoured.

The CCD has been confirmed to be unavailable as per Mark Roberts reports
to the list, the information is straight from Philips AFAIK.

> Thanks for nothing Pentax - you have now officially MISSED THE BOAT!!!

This you can shout from the roof tops as soon as the Contax Digital hits the
streets, but it ain't there yet. And I would guess if it even does get there
then
they are building using pre-purchased CCD stock (hence limited numbers) or
some component that we know nothing of?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA