Here is the link  - not my photo -  read my note before linking...

http://tinyurl.com/277hfl

I listed a chunk of rough lepidolite on ebay last night - mentioning it
came from what I always referred to as the "Newry mine"
in Maine but asking the potential buyers or browsers to fill in the
blanks about the Newry mines/quarries if they knew.

to my delight, the co-author of  books put out by the Maine Geological
Society responded this morning. So I googled
to get more details with "Minerology of Maine"  the page with the most
hits comes up first, of course.

Though you guys would be amused.

ann