Haven't I answered this before?

The huge reason is that majordomo does not have this capacity. Since it doesn't,
someone would have to build a hack. That someone would have to be someone other than
me, because A.) I have no time and B.) I have no interest in spending the time to
build a redundancy into the digest subject list and, of course, C.) I'd have to teach
myself perl scripting before I could even begin to attack something as relatively
temperamental as the majordomo digesting procedure. Which brings us back to A.

I could see the need for an index on the digest, and I worked hard to get it done.
Frankly, I don't see numbers as any sort of improvement; it's no harder to search for
a word string than it is to search for a number string.

However, if someone else wants to build it, test it and explain to me how to install
it, I'll see what I can do.

Doug

--
Douglas Forrest Brewer