----- Original Message -----
From: "David J Brooks"
Subject: Proccessing observation, Pentax - Nikon, to quick prints

> Probably nothing earth shattering, or not alreeady known, but i;ll share
> this.

> Wonder why i have to do a  lot of post process with the older Nikons ,
> not so much with the D200, and i rarley have to do anything with the
> K10D shots.

The Pentax definitely does a better job at file processing. I was doing a
mini seminar at the studio a while back to show the crew the entire
photography experince from capture to print.
I was using my K10, whey were using mostly D70s and a D200. The first thing
we noticed was that the Pentax produced jpegs were nicer to print than the
Nikon produced files, and I thought the pictures looked nicer too.
The Nikons will produce a lot more of them in any given time frame though.
We just sold a huge portrait of a young couple and their 2 dogs which I shot
with the K10, and was gorgeous, and had a nicer look than the display prints
shot with the Nikons under similar lighting.
I suppose that I am often using the A*85/1.4, and the Nikons always seem to
have zooms mounted might have something to do with this also.

William Robb