Boris Liberman wrote:
> keith_w wrote:
>> Sh*e*t!
>>
>> Why do people always have to EXPLAIN what they do?
>>
>> Photography, to me, has always been my way of recording, mainly for MYSELF,
>> what I see from time to time, and as a memory prompter of a slice of time...
>>
>> If I should happen to share it with someone, well, that someone might just
>> sit
>> back, metaphorically speaking, and enjoy themselves ~ perhaps even wonder
>> what
>> THEY might have felt had they been there at that very moment.
>> Maybe do a lot of Hmmmm-ing.
>>
>> But no, they have to ANALYZE it, and try to figure out what YOU felt!
>>
>> Who knows or cares? If you feel nothing in particular, walk on, my
>> friend...there's a lot more to look at in this world than what once moved me
>> to record it's image.
>>
>> But, not baring your soul somehow offends these folks, who just aren't
>> willing
>> to accept a "Who knows" shrug...
>>
>> Gallic-ly speaking... Eh... So What.  ;-)
>>
>> Be well, Frank.
>>
>> keith whaley

I'll start with: I'd long since forgotten who had posted...
I was reacting from a long-standing "pet-peeve." I wasn't directing my
comments at you.
It's hard to explain...I was reacting to what Frank's comments were, and it
just uncovered some old feelings (there's that word again! :~)  <g>

> Keith, I think you misunderstood me. When I looked at the picture I
> *felt* certain emotions. These emotions are something that I don't
> *usually feel* when look at the photograph. Therefore I decided that I
> should mention that perhaps Frank did not intend for me to *feel* the
> emotions, but nevertheless I did feel that way.

Absolutely so! I agree. You should have.
I wasn't commenting on YOUR response to his image, I was responding to a
hypothetical person who would ask, "What does that make you feel when you look
at it?" and that's not what you said or meant at all.

> Also, do you want it or not but when you make a photograph you mix in a
> bit of yourself and further when you show it to the public you expose
> that little bit along the way. Even the most primitive - "me and the
> Empire State Building" photo has it.

No, I know that. It's true, I do it myself...
My gut-feel reaction was an unfair exposition of my own biases, and my
response was out of line.
Big Ooops! <g>

> I hope I made myself clearer.
>
> Boris

You absolutely did. Thank you for taking the time to explain,

keith