----- Original Message -----
From: Rob Brigham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: MZ6

> Looks like an MZ-7 with DOF preview.  Add Spotmetering as well, and you
> eliminate most of the missing items on the MZ-7!

I cannot open the image link, so all I've seen is the thumbnail...:(((
That's exactly the MZ-7:) I wasn't able to notice anything like a DOF
preview lever. Where's that?
If I had spotmetering in my MZ-7, I wouldn't have to think of any other,
more advanced body - you're right about those missing items you mentioned...
I like my MZ-7 VERY much. It fits my hands very comfortably (especially with
a battery pack) and is very convenient to operate.
But the MZ-6 is rumoured to have only matrix metering... If so, I can't see
any reason for introducing the new body under the separate number - if only
the DOF preview has been added then perhaps this should be an MZ-7n...

> Could be a winner, my guess is it will eat into the MZ-5N market as the
> 5N doesnt offer multiple exposure mode etc and some other bits from the
> lower models.  The main reason for going to 5N in the past was for DOF
> or spotmetering - unless you particularly wanted the 'old style' user
> interface!

Frankly, I don't like design of the MZ-5n/3, especially that small LCD -
it's ugly... Both are great cameras - I know it - but IMHO are also less
handy than MZ-7 (and MZ-10/30/50 too), which resembles to me a bit the Z
series.
I planned to go for the MZ-5n for the reason you mentioned but decided to
stay with my MZ-7 and wait (unless I collect enough money to buy the
MZ-S...).
Greetz
Artur