[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Interesting stuff. I'm guessing the Bluebird is an early sixties version. I
> believe it was Donald Campbell. There must be a lot of Jags there.  I believe
> Beaulieu was home to Sir William Lyons, founder of Jaguar.
> Paul
> From: "frank theriault" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> On Dec 3, 2007 5:54 PM, drew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Took the kids to Beaulieu, the National Motor Museum at the weekend. No
>>> great shakes from a photographic POV, but some may enjoy a bit of
>>> automotive prawn ;-)
>>>
>>> Comments always welcome...
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/rileyelf/tags/beaulieu/
>>>
>>> Taken with *ist-DL with either 18-55 DA or 28-80 FA.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Drew.
>> Pretty cool stuff!
>>
>> Love the Bluebird.  What was his name again?  I know I could google
>> it, but I'm too lazy.  Donald Campbell?  His kid raced, too, right?
>> Or was it the kid who raced by the time that one was built?  I'm
>> surprised any Bluebirds survived.  Was that one actually "raced"?  Or
>> was it an "extra" that had yet to be run at the time of his death?
>>
>> cheers,
>> frank
>>

>> --
>> "Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Thanks guys, This Bluebird was the land speed record holder in 1964 at
403.1 driven by Donald Campbell (Malcolm was his dad). Donald died in a
Bluebird boat on Coniston Water trying for the water speed record. They
also have a HUGE 1000 HP Sunbeam that was the first car to break 200mph.
Well worth a trip for any petrol head.... ;-)

Cheers,
Drew.