Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegne af William
Robb
Sendt: 5. december 2007 04:34
Til: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Emne: Re: SV: Tokina AT-X 165 PRO DX 16-50mm and AT-X 535
PRODXlenses50-135mmf2.8

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Tainter"
Subject: Re: SV: Tokina AT-X 165 PRO DX 16-50mm and AT-X 535 PRO
DXlenses50-135mmf2.8

> "Pentax slightly modifies Tokina lenses and then they sell them under
> the Pentax name."
>
> Not correct, but I suppose this particular urban legend will never die.
>
><snip>
>
> By allowing misinformation such as the quotation above to proliferate on
> the internet Pentax has harmed its reputation, IMO.

Some 25 years ago, I had a Tokina 35mm-105mm zoom lens that was identical in
every respect but the nameplate to the Minolta MD 35-105. This sort of
co-design and production with has been going on for a very long time with
more than one camera brand. For myself, it doesn't really matter who designs
and builds the things as long as they work, but you are correct, the Pentax
brand does suffer a loss of cachet when people think that their lenses are
one off builds from a cheap third party manufacturer.

William Robb

10:52

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:52