That could be the case, internal reflections can be a big flare issue.
Colour balance is tweakable of course, it shouldn't be too difficult
to modify the coating to alter colour rendition. It's also possible
that William's correct and they're using a mix of coatings.

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca