They're running $5-600 for a copy in good condition, about double the
cost of an F100 or EOS 3 and almost 3x the cost of a Minolta 7, all of
which are more capable bodies of similar vintage.

I suspect this has a lot to do with availability, as far as I'm aware,
MZ-S bodies were never produced in great numbers, and even Minolta 7's
are far more common (Although that's the only recent Minolta you can
really say that for).

-Adam