On 12/12/07, P. J. Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Anybody know what's in CRC, it may not be available around here, and a
> substitute may be available. I'd like to get this done asap.

Find a real electronics or industrial supply store, and ask them for
residue-free contact cleaner. It is very important that it be
residue-free.

Use it sparingly, spraying and rotating the knob, until you no longer
get the jittery response.

As a side note, the mechanism of the scroll wheel in a mouse is very
similar, and can be fixed in the same way.

-Mat