You caught a lot of character and wonder in his face. His focus on the
lens (pardon the pun) is an encouraging sign for the future. ;)
When it first came up I thought there was a little too much red in his
skin. May be due to saturation to enhance his shirt.(?)
In my opinion (of course) the pure skin of a baby allows sharp focus.
If this soft look is your choice, certainly stay with it.
If the grass were softened some I feel it might be even better.

Welcome to the list, Seth

Jack