I decided to "give the 28mm another shot" this weekend while at dinner
at my folks.  Every time I have looked at it (sitting lonely in my
accessory bag), I realized it should be a perfect "party-length" lens
(wide enough to get people in, small enough to keep the camera small)
but I've always just ignored it and left it at home.

On Sunday at a family dinner I used it quite a bit, interchanging with
the FA-50, Zenitar 16 (still trying to re-fall-in-love with this lens)
and the Tamron 28-75.

When all was said and done and I was culling out the "acceptable"
photos, I was not surprised to see that some of the sharpest, clearest
shots were with the FA-50, but I really wasn't expecting how NICE a
lot of the shots with the 28mm were.  I mean almost sharp enough to
cut yourself on 'em!

None of the shots will win awards, but...  I'm pleased with the
quality that came out.  Pleased and surprised with how nicely that
lens worked.

People are going to ask for examples, so I'll pull out the first one
(only web-sized but maybe that's good enough to get the idea):

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2007/early_christmas/pages/page_5.html

Basically, anything in that gallery which doesn't report a focal
length is either the Zenitar or the A-28 so it should be obvious.
Time to find room in my "regular" bag for this lens.

  -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minneapolis, MN