I take it back, about the chair.  It adds a certain grittiness to the
photograph.  The more I look at it, the more I think you could
completely change the mood by changing only the chair.  The one in the
photo lends to a smoky, crass environment.  Perhaps the back room of a
road house or a pay-by-the-hour motel.  I think this very well have
influenced Tom's reaction (whether he knows it or not <g>).  An elegant,
high-class chaise would suggest another environment, etc.

I really like this photograph.  In fact, I'm going to see if I can
borrow my neighbor's daughter and pull a few oddball chairs out of the
basement.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/