On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:34:30 -0000
"Bob W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It was so much simpler when we all had our own orchestra, and a team
> of relay runners to bring news of the outside world to our remote
> estates. Nowadays it's all RSS feeds and podcasts.
>
> I gave in to the lure of digital radio, and have bought myself a
> portable gadget which combines a DAB digital radio, and an mp3 player.
> The idea being that I can listen to radio programmes as they happen,
> but also automatically download programmes from the BBC and one or 2
> other stations that are broadcast at inconvenient times.
>
> I use IE7, which includes a feed reader and I have added several feeds
> to the 'Favourites Center' (sp!) - it's very easy to do - and set the
> properties to download attached files automatically. For example:
> http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/iot/rss.xml.
>
> However, I don't seem to get any content coming back when I try to
> refresh the feed, and there is no error message of any sort - just a
> blank page in the browser tab.
>
> Is anyone else using IE7 for this? If so, how are you getting it to
> work? I can't find any useful information about it other than the
> basic instructions about what to do.

The simplest fix for allot of issues is to not use IE.  You'll fix more than
piss poor way it handles rss feeds.

Give yourself a break, and go download firefox.
http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
You'll solve IE7's massive security problems, you'll avoid IE7's broken way of
handling most websites.  And in time, you can learn to avoid M$ all together.

--
Ben 'Polyhead' Smith
  KE7GAL