On 25/12/07, graywolf, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Turkey, corn bread stuffing, mashed taters, gravy, veggies, and beer.
>Being solo
>I can do beer on a feast day. Forgot to get rolls so I had to make do
>with plain
>old bread (life is so difficult). In good old feast day tradition I ate
three
>times as much as I should have. And there was still had enough left to
make a
>couple of giant sized TV-Dinners with.
>
>All that was after the stroll in the park. Boone is such a peaceful place on
>Christmas day.
>
>There is one problem with this solo thing, the cook has to do the dishes too.
>
>I hope everyone else's day is as nice as mine,

Hi Tom,

You seem in good spirits, that's nice to see.

I did the cooking today as well - for three. I realised a few years ago
that I actually loathe turkey, so since then we've had the biggest corn-
fed free range chicken we could get each time.

And I did the pans as well ;-)

The rest of my family are at my sister's on a small island in the
Scottish Hebrides (pronounced heh'brid'eez) but I am working three days
this week so we can't go. Such is life for the self-employed contractor!

I have a power inverter in the Land Rover now, gives me 1500 watts
continuous at 230volts AC so I can power up a DVCam deck, a pair of
speakers, audio mixer, macbook, lighting, etc. I'm relaunching myself in
january to potential new clients who need to shoot and edit on location.
I'm hopeful that it will work out.

the Land Rover has to have a new main gearbox! After only 35k miles I've
managed to shag it! Apparently a layshaft bearing (on 5th) is U/S and as
a standard practice for vehicles still under warranty, they replace all
the cogs, everything. Good thing they won't touch the transfer case,
other wise they'd find a pair of non-standard gears to bring up the
ratios a bit - the Defender final drive is better for mud-plugging and
rock-climbing, but I spend more time on the highway, so had some higher
gearing installed. The engine is actually de-tuned for the Defender (Td5
5 cyl diesel) as its got a bit more poke in the Discovery. So I paid
extra to have it brought up to its proper power :-/   but there ya go.
Remember the CJ-5 - people discovered what happened when you treated a
vehicle with high CoG like a sports car and they ended up decapitating
people's daughters. The roll on the Defender is horrendous - but nothing
to beat it off road in this country. I have the long wheel base (110
inches) the shorter version (92 inches) will give a CJ-7 a great run for
its money. Dunno about the YJs - they've lowered them a bit haven't they?

Anyway, babbling. How's the Chevy?

Speaking of more money than sense - I've nabbed an Epson R-D1 from eBay.
Already picked up a Voigtlander 28 Ultron 1.9 so am waiting to give it a
go. I'm in the photo-doldrums again and need a pick-me-up. Usually a
thumb through some of my big B+W heroes' books will do it, but I needed
a bit of enablement therapy :-)

I'm hoping to hit GFM again next year so it would be great to see you
again there. Hope things are as well as your email suggest, and I'll see
if I can bring any sound goodies with me in May!

Take care big fellah.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty