Hi Igor,

Igor Roshchin wrote:

> I asked this some time ago, but have not received any responses.
> so, I apologize for reposting this - I'd give it one more try.

Sorry, your original query sounded kinda specific to your printer so I
didn't reply.  I use an older Epson Stylus Photo 820.

> 1. For all printer users: what canvas/canvas paper do you use
> (roll or sheet)?

I've only printed on canvas once, about four or five sheets.  It was
some no-name brand, maybe even the store brand for whatever store I
bought it in.

> 2. What parameters do they differ by (except for the size)?
> I.e. what should I look for when comparing different brand products, and
> what is the [practical] difference between canvas and "canvas paper"?

After looking closely at the surface of the paper under a loupe, I
picked the same settings as for "really highly glossy" premium photo
paper.  I forget the exact name of the setting, but it was one step
"below" transparency film.

The reason I picked that was that the surface looked like it wasn't
going to absorb much ink.  And, luckily, I was right and it didn't and I
got some really nice prints out of it.

> 3. for Epson R2400 printer users:
> a) Is it capable of printing well on canvas?
> b) Same question about metallic paper (such as Kodak Endura Metallic)?

a) The 820 did OK but I haven't used any of the newer Epson ink sets.

b) Metallic probably acts very similarly to transparency film.  It's not
going to absorb anything at all, basically.  So you'll need to use the
transparency film setting, probably.  Hopefully the surface tension and
surface action between the metallic surface and the ink isn't
pathologically different than that with transparency film.  Oh, and
pigment inks are probably going to work a lot better than dye inks.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)