Thanks Cotty! It is a shot I am proud of, but mostly because of what
it really represents!
I get choked up when I think about all the very close friends I lost
over there. Although I never spent any time in country, I have a lot
of time aboard ships and squadrons deployed over there and heavily
involved in the action.
I used to get asked if I was ever shot at or in harms way. I can truly
say "not that I know of", but I was involved in opportunities that
could have had some dire results.
To this day I cannot watch movies about Vietnam if they have intense
action scenes. I tried to watch one a few months back about a downed
AF Pilot and the trials in getting him rescued. As soon as the napalm
started falling I had to turn it off. I don't even know if he made it
or even if the story line was true or fiction.
Sadly, the current crop of veterans coming out of Iraq and Afghanistan
will suffer the same way in many cases. We already hear about some
stories, and there are hundreds more that we never hear about.
Sorry about that.... rant off ;-)

Walt