Yeah but mistakes can easily be reviewed on screen without having to print
them out.
Kent Gittings

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brendan
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 11:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: The true cost of "free" digital?

But we're forgetting one point, the cost of prints.
Remember that you still need the inkjet printer and
the ink and paper, the cost of DIY home prints from
digital is still more than you may think. Yes you have
the advantage of Printing only what you need/like and
deletin the "BAD" shots but isn't photography an "ART"
where we need to accept the mistakes and learn from
them?

--- Jeff Tsai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mafud,
>
> While it might be true that the digital print or
> picture quality may
> never truly match those of a great slide/film print,
> cost is definitely
> less of an issue when going digital.
>
> I've taken more usable shots with my Coolpix 880
> then I will even dare
> attempt to take with any of the 3 Pentaxes I own
> over the last year that
> I've owned it due to the fact that it is cheaper
> (especially in Japan)
> to shoot digital. Also, cost of ownership really
> isn't that bad; so far,
> I've spent:
>
>       Camera - US$650 (including charger and 1 battery)
>       Memory cards - US$80 (2 x 32MB)
>       Rechargeable batteries - US$40 (1 additional
> battery)
>
> A far cry from those "battery-chewing" digitals you
> describe below...
> Sure, I may not be using some of the great lenses I
> have, but you know
> what? I've enjoyed immersing myself in the digital
> world and it's taking
> Pentax way too long to get to market with a digital
> SLR because
> technology waits for no one...
>
> Cheers.
>
> Jeff