----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian"
Subject: Re: Ford claims ownership of images

> Just the opposite in Washington, DC, home of the weather wimps.  One
> snowflake and EVERY SUV on the road is stranded.  Shit, a little rain
> grinds them to a halt.  In 8 years with my Honda Civic, I've never been
> stuck in the snow (we've had everything from a dusting to 2.5 feet in a
> day), had issues going up a snowy hill, or been in a weather-related
> accident.  Yet I've seen hundreds of SUVs stranded on the side of the
> road, abandoned in the middle of the highway, or incapable of going up a
> hill.  It all boils down to the utter stupidity of the operators.

It's quite amazing, isn't it? SUV's should be the most competent passenger
vehicles on the road when the weather turns sour. The vehicles that are
doing really well here are the little SUVs, the Subaru Foresters, Suzukis,
Honda CRV, Nissan X-Trail and their ilk. They are small and light enough to
have decent fuel economy, have enough ground clearance to not get hung up on
a snow covered rumble strip, and have AWD or 4WD for traction.

When I was driving around south Utah last spring, one of the most apropos
things I saw was a humungous cabin cruiser, probably close to 40 feet long,
being towed by a Nissan Armada. I was traveling about 120kph, and this rig
passed me.....

William Robb