Timber,

I think what you are trying to achieve is an interesting idea, -
in the sense of the BW-ish look with blue eyes and pink lips, but
you've overdone it. I don't like most of the face skin being completely
overblown.

As for the original version, - I would play a little bit with the
tones/levels and possibly sharpening.
However, I don't have a good feel at the moment, what exactly should
be changed, possibly bringing up the lower handle of the "levels" in PS,
enhancing the "black" a bit, or enhancing the contrast just a bit...

Igor