I agree.  FF will come as and when the sensors are available at a
reasonable premium, which I don't see happening inside 24 months.
5 fps RAW for 12-20 frames, 1/250 sync would be my criteria.  I'm
pretty happy with the build quality of the K10D - I don't see why
that much improvement is needed there.  The big unknown is whether
Pentax can come up with a greatly improved AF system.  And while
a 100% optical viewfinder would be nice I'm not sure enough people
would consider the extra cost worthwhile; after all, you can get
a precise check of coverage and composition on the LCD for free.

If they do decide to play in the $1800-$2500 price bracket I'd also
expect little extras (possibly only if you add the external grip)
such as multiple active card slots - hot-swappable would be nice -
and/or wireless image download to your PC or image bank.

Oh yes - I almost forgot; 16-bit RAW files (or at least 14-bit).