Yeah, it's the fifth pin not disengaging. I would
first make sure that the flash is pushed all the way
into the shoe to center the pin (hopefully it isn't
bent by now). Next, try holding the camera/flash
upside down and rapping it by the shoe lightly in the
(with the flash in the unlocked position), this may
free the pin and allow you to remove the flash.

-Brendan