I have a Chinon f5.6/300 too what she uses. She just wanted to try this
lens :D The tripod I've may be too high for her :P

I am very happy too of her interest in photography, so we can go
together for photo-tours with my dad (he has a Nikon D70s). I only
bought her a Pentax ME to learn (yet) and once she is ready probably she
will get my K10D (since I plan to buy a K20D) :D Maybe a few months and
she will make better pictures than me :P

.t