One point that you did not make, Shel, is that Digital cameras and printers
are "disposable"

I'll continue to keep the LX and MX in good repair because essentially they
are mechanical marvels with little in the way of electronics.  I'm sure you
feel the same about your Leicas, etc.  Digital cameras on the other hand are
electronic nightmares and if they stop functioning and are not under any
kind of warranty are discarded for a new one.  I don't think they are
economically repairable.  Same for printers.

Christian Skofteland