Gathering my courage, I decided to address my K10D's
backfocus problem this evening.

I found the hacked firmware 1.10 on the web, and
loaded it into the camera.  Then, I replaced it with
the genuine 1.10.

Got into "Debug mode," and with a test target under a
bright daylight-balanced fluorescent light box and the
camera on the tripod, I began shooting.

I wound up at +130, which has things spot-on with the
28/2.8, 50/1.7, and 50-200 (throughout its zoom
range).  The 16-45 and 10-17 are a touch
front-focusing now.

Replaced firmware 1.10 with 1.3, and everything is
jolly.  The wireless flash control still works with my
Sigma EF500 DG Super, too!

I'll leave things alone a while and see how the shots
look with time.  I might back off to +110 or +120 if
the front focus on the 16-45 proves to be a problem.

It wasn't nearly as difficult as I had thought it
might be.  The whole exercise (including finding
things on the web) took about 1 1/2 h.

If anyone wants the hacked 1.10 and the genuine
article, let me know.

Rick

http://www.photo.net/photos/RickW