Yep, that's right. A little film warpage, though it can be as much or maybe
a little more than the thickness of the emulsion(s) doesn't really cause
major decreases in sharpness.

Another point that hasn't been mentioned here (at least I haven't seen it
mentioned) is that depth of focus/field operates to a certain degree at the
film plane, as well as in front of the lens.

I'm pretty sure that the order that the color emulsions are "stacked" onto
the film backing take into consideration how different colors of light are
affected by a "standard" or hypothetical lens. The film makers have been
making film for a long time now.  I'm sure that all the points we've
considered have been considered by them, too.

Len
---