This is looking north along 10th St.
http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/collections/cushman/full/P02174.jpg

And this one is looking north along South Cameron.
http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/collections/cushman/full/P02175.jpg

The notes for those photos indicate he shot them from "one of
Harrisburg's high bridges".  The only existing bridge that he could have
possibly taken these from is on Mulberry St.  There are some photos of
the camera equipment he used at
http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/cushman/overview/cameraEquipSlide.jsp?page=1
and it looks like he carried a 50 and a 135.  It appears that the photo
of Cameron St. was probably taken with the 50, and the photo of 10th
with the 135.  Near the top left of both photos, just beyond the stacks,
are two columns.  These columns are at the west end of the bridge on
State St.  The Pennsylvania Capitol building is just to the west of
their location.  Ann and I did a little shooting under the State St.
bridge just after GFM last year.

Just for giggles, I'm going to hypothesize that he traveled along
Mulberry, which turns north-west approaching the Capitol building, and
probably took these photos on the same day within a very short period of
time.  This photo looks northwest along 4th to the Capitol.
http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/collections/cushman/full/P02176.jpg  The
Alva restaurant is still there and is very popular.  The local bike club
ends their Sunday morning rides at the Alva.  4th St. is still one-way,
in the same direction the photo indicates.  The train station is one
block east and the Alva has entrances on both sides.

This is fun!  I'm going to get some K64 and try to reproduce these.
It'll be interesting to see the time lapse.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/