Charles Robinson wrote:

> ist-DS
>
> Just for kicks, I should see how the Sigma (with the Omnibounce)
> handles exposures with my "loaner" ist-DL.   Just out of scientific
> curiousity.

I don't remember having any problems like /that/.  I don't use an
Omnibounce but I have a cheap knockoff of one of its competitors.  It's
basically a pyramidal snoot/diffuser that goes over the head like the
Omnibounce, but is much larger than the Omnibounce.

> With the DS, the Sigma, and the Omnibounce it would almost always
> overexpose by about 1.5-2 stops.  And the "trick" for getting it to
> expose properly was to slide out the wide-angle diffuser before
> putting the Omnibounce on.  Then it was nearly always spot-on.  Weird.

Very strange.

Have you gotten the firmware updates for your flash?  It took less than
two weeks from the time I sent it in to it showing up unannounced on my
doorstep one afternoon.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)