----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Franklin"
Subject: Re: Stupid Windows Question

> William Robb wrote:
>> What I am looking for is a way to tell the OS that particular programs
>> will
>> only have an affinity for either CPU 1 or CPU 2. Is there an easy way to
>> do
>> this, or at least one that a simple dork like me can understand?
>
> I haven't used Vista, so I don't know if you can do it there or not.  I
> can't find a way through the Windows GUI to force ("pin") the CPU
> affinity for a particular program permanently.  If the programs are
> recent enough, and the programmers were savvy enough, the programs may
> offer "CPU pinning" as an application option, either through the command
> line or the GUI.  It's easy enough to do programmatically, but lots of
> developers don't think that way. :-)

I'm still using XP Pro (not the 64bit version). The Microsoft knowledge base
says it can be done, but they use really big words there.
It's not a big deal, it's a dumb little game that I play from time to time
that doesn't like the dual core processor, and seems to predate the things
as well.
No worries.
Thanks
bill