> > Dear All,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if the panoramic switch on the ZX-10 does
> anything
> > except mask off the top & bottom of the negative (a la APS).
> It doesn't do
> > real panoramic photos does it?
>
> Thats all it does. But worse. It actually masks the film,
> whereas with APS, we mask the print.
> William Robb

Hmmm.  I didn't know that.  So I guess that, if the customer
wanted the full
print from a particular panoramic, you could do that for him.
Does that
mean that all of the negs are shot in full frame but it's just
the setup data
recorded on the data stripe that determines how they are
printed?

I have never really delved into APS to see how the cameras
worked
because I have had no interest in working with film formats
smaller
than 35mm.

Len
---