frank theriault wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2008 5:45 PM, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> John Francis wrote:
>>
>>  > The Amgen Tour of California started today.
>>  > Here's my last shot of the day (isn't that always the way):
>>  >
>>  > http://www.jfwaf.com/PAW/PAW.php?name=PAW0808
>>
>> I'm following up late (been buried in school work this week) but that's
>> a cracking shot! Just the right balance of blur and sharpness.
>>
>> It's making me look forward to bicycle weather as Lisa and I have new
>> bikes we haven't ridden yet (well, she has hers -- after a 3-month wait
>> for it to be shipped over from Italy -- and mine's at the shop waiting
>> to be picked up...)
>
> You and Dr. Lisa got new bikes?
>
> And you didn't tell me?
>
> Italian?
>
> What, what, what?

Yeah. Lisa wanted to get herself a really nice bike. She was just fed up
with spending her few free hours riding her old one and since she got a
bonus for her promotion (which is what has taken away so much of her
free time), she decided to go for it. Went to a bike shop run by the
S.O. of another pathologist and ordered herself a Pinarello FP5.

The bike took almost 4 months to arrive. The shop owner says there are
often delays when ordering European stuff, but the Italians are the
worst. ;-) Anyway, it did eventually arrive and it's gorgeous. (And it
weighs 16 pounds, 11 ounces.)

So then Lisa decided to get me one for my birthday, thinking at would be
another 3 month wait. Turns out, they had a few in her shipment that
hadn't been paid for in advance and one was in the size I need. So I'm
getting it this weekend!

Further note: I still won't be able to keep up with you...